Home of the If Your Horse Could Talk show

If Your Horse Could Talk has been educating horse owners to a more natural approach to their horses since 1999.  We accomplish this through our extensive website, the If Your Horse Could Talk show, clinics, consultations, a variety of articles and our natural product on-line store.

Animal Supplement Ban

UPDATE: 12-30-02 by Bill Bookout/NASC President

Hi Lisa:

Thanks for the note and the continued interest in this very complex issue. I have attached a word document (Included in links below) from a presentation I gave at a recent Veterinary Meeting which should provide an overview and status update. Here are some developments since this presentation:

- NASC continues to work cooperatively with both FDA/CVM and AAFCO to address the issue which, hopefully will produce outcomes that are int he best interests of all involved.

- We have a meeting scheduled with FDA on January 7th, 2003 to specifically discuss supplements and how they are treated from a regulatory perspective. Currently, as you probably know, they are either Animal Feeds or Drugs, neither of which fairly deal with the issues given the landscape, consumer demand and other business influences.

- We also have been invited to give a presentation on January 22 at the AAFCO mid year meeting in Tucson, AZ.

- We will submit our second Ingredient Definition to FDA/CVM for MSM (which will cover dogs, cats and horses not intended for human consumption) by the end of this month.

- Further information for Comfrey, the targeted ingredient, is now available on the AAFCO web site -- www.aafco.org and NASC supports removing Comfrey from members products at this time. Further research needs to be conducted.
I hope you find this information helpful and if I can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to send me a note or give me a call. If ever there is an opportunity to be a guest on the show pleas keep me in mind.

http://community-2.webtv.net/savvy111/RegulatoryIssuesfor/index.html

Happy Holidays,
Bill
Bill Bookout, President
National Animal Supplement Council
PO Box 2568
Valley Center, CA 92082
T: 760-751-5022
F: 760-751-5027
www.nasc.cc

This site is for information and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional veterinary advice.
copyright 2001-2007 - If Your Horse Could Talk LLC & Natural Horse Talk

Website Design and Hosting by Natural Horse Enterprises